If you’re looking for something amazing to witness this summer, it’s going to be the total solar eclipse, and it’s going to arrive in Nashville at 1:27pm. The last total solar eclipse was in 1979, and the next total eclipse in the continental United States won’t be until April 8th, 2024. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience a total solar eclipse in Tennessee!
Renting an RV makes sense: Hotels all across the Midwest are selling out due to the total solar eclipse. Which is why renting an RV makes perfect sense. Not only will you be able to view the solar eclipse at your location, but you won’t have to travel or leave your hotel to do so.
You will see the moon go by, but the sun not fully covered, and to do so safely you’ll need some special eclipse glasses. You never want to look at the sun without protection, which is why Nashville RV is offering free eclipse glasses to all RV renters!
Renting an RV for the solar eclipse gives you the freedom to camp anywhere and enjoy what nature has to offer. Since this will be the first solar eclipse in 38 years, it’s going to be spectacular! Many RV parks and National Parks will have some form of event going on, and you don’t want to miss this.
National Parks vs. RV Parks and the Solar Eclipse
Their will be record numbers of people predicted to be flooding the national parks within the United States. So it’s best to stake your claim early within the park. It’s simple to do so in an RV as you can enjoy a few days of camping while waiting. Meanwhile, those people who are traveling from hotels will be sure to miss a great view.
There are even some rest stops and travel centers along i65, i40 and i24 in and around Nashville that you may be able to find temporary parking in during your travel through Tennessee.
In an RV park, you’ll be pampered with not only a great view of the eclipse, but also have amenities like WiFi, swimming pools, 30/50 AMP hookups and much more. The top 5 RV parks in Nashville are:
- Safe Harbor RV Resort: 3343 Bell Rd, Nashville, TN 37214 Tel: (615) 710-9365 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/aVSmU4qCZeP2
- Yogi Bears Jellystone Park: 2572 Music Valley Dr, Nashville, TN 37214 Tel: (615) 889-4225
- Two Rivers Campgrounds: 2616 Music Valley Dr, Nashville, TN 37214 Tel: (615) 883-8559
- Nashville Shores Lakeside: 4001 Bell Rd, Hermitage, TN 37076 Tel:(615) 889-7050
- Grand Ole RV Resort: 708 N Main St, Goodlettsville, TN 37072 Tel: (615) 420-6036
- Nashville KOA: 2626 Music Valley Dr, Nashville, TN 37214 Tel: (615) 889-0286
- Anderson Road Campground: 4010 Anderson Rd, Nashville, TN 37217 Tel: (615) 361-1980
Total Solar Eclipse August 21st, 2017
The eclipse will definitely occur on August 21st, 2017, at roughly 1:27pm in Nashville. We at Nashville RV want you to be able to safely view the eclipse of the sun and are giving away eclipse glasses free of charge to all RV renters up until 8/21/2017. For more detailed information about the eclipse, please visit https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/